help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radius 1.4 fails to compile on Solaris 9

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radius 1.4 fails to compile on Solaris 9
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:46:24 +0200

Greg G <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hmmm.  Closer. :)  It compiles, but fails at runtime because it can't
> locate libssl.so.0.9.8.

Greg, radius does not use libssl. The only possibility is that
libmysqlclient.so is compiled with it. In that case you will need to
explicitely specify the library location (see README, description of
--with-mysql and --with-lib-path options).

> There wasn't a configure option to specify
> the location, or even an indication that SSL was being included (it
> looks like it's required by the SQL handling).  I wound up putting it
> in --with-libs (which didn't really do anything), but also specified
> LDFLAGS="-Wl,-R/usr/local/ssl/lib", which fixed it.

Aha, I see. `configure --with-lib-path=/usr/local/ssl/lib' would do the job.

> Also, I think having a "make test" would be good, even if all it does
> is run the newly built executable and return version information.

It is called `make check'.

Regards,
Sergey