help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radius 1.4 fails to compile on Solaris 9

From: Greg G
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radius 1.4 fails to compile on Solaris 9
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:34:22 -0500

Hmmm. Closer. :) It compiles, but fails at runtime because it can't locate libssl.so.0.9.8. There wasn't a configure option to specify the location, or even an indication that SSL was being included (it looks like it's required by the SQL handling). I wound up putting it in --with-libs (which didn't really do anything), but also specified LDFLAGS="-Wl,-R/usr/local/ssl/lib", which fixed it.

Also, I think having a "make test" would be good, even if all it does is run the newly built executable and return version information.

Oh, one more small item. I'd really prefer to be able to set the pid-file-name, rather than the directory. I have a number of machines that I'm running multiple radius servers on, and it's easier for me to just specify a different pidfile on the command line for each one, so they are still together in a common place.

Thanks for the help.  So far so good.

-Greg G

Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:
Hi Greg,

Please try this version:

 ftp://download.gnu.org.ua/pub/alpha/radius/radius-1.4-20061231.tar.bz2

Regards,
Sergey