help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] 3Com Wireless AP7250

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] 3Com Wireless AP7250
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:18:24 +0300

address@hidden wrote:

> #/usr/etc/users
> zamri           Auth-Type = Local,
>                 User-Password = password,
>                         Service-Type = Login-User

This entry is wrong. The correct one is:

zamri           Auth-Type = Local,
                User-Password = password
                         Service-Type = Login-User

Notice the lack of comma after `password' (see the docs for more
info). Your entry should have produced the following error message in
your logs:

Main.error: /etc/raddb/users:<LINE>: parse error
Main.error: discarding user `zamri'

Please, always check your logs after reloading the configuration. You may
also wish to use `radiusd -mc' to check the validity of your
configuration without reloading the server.

> May 19 16:21:59 Auth.notice: (Access-Request noc 6 "zamri"
> CLID=0012a94e9707 CSID=0012a90641a3): Login incorrect [zamri/]
>
> My question is why my AP not sending the password to RADIUS

Try enabling `detail auth' in the `auth' section of your
raddb/config. This will produce the file
/var/log/radacct/<nasname>/detail.auth containing transcripts of
incoming authentication requests. These may clarify the situation.

Regards,
Sergey