help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] 0.96.4 to 1.1

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] 0.96.4 to 1.1
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:07:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

> Radius version 1.1 is compatible with the 0.96.x configs. It may
> emit warnings on encountering obsolete keywords in raddb/config and
> raddb/sqlserver, but this will not affect its functionality.

I commented out the proxy directive in config and the 2 max statements in
sqlserver (grep max sqlserver). That was it for my setup to make it happy.

> Make sure you update your raddb/dictionary after upgrading Radius.

I copied over the dictionary file and the dict directory trying to figure
out what had change with radauth that was making it work oddly for me.

Previously I would test accounts/radius and all with:

radauth -v -s 127.0.0.1:key testuser testpass

After beating around on it, I realized the new one worked when I simplify
back down to "radauth user pass" but turning verbose on (with --verbose or
-v) and I don't get the expected output (that it would previously give).

radauth and radtest could use a man page. radauth could just point to
radtest and explain that radauth is just a script for radtest. The man
page for radtest could go into more detail than radtest --usage puts out.
If I think about it this weekend I'll try my hand at writing it.

Still a great program, just trying to give some feedback.