help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] ODBC source (not MySQL or Postgress)

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] ODBC source (not MySQL or Postgress)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:27:28 +0300

> Is it possible to use ODBC strings in free-radius?

I don't know about freeradius, you should consult its mailing list
for that. For GNU Radius, the answer is yes.

> Has some one experience in configuring ODBC? Please describe shortly how to
> perform that.

First, make sure you have unix ODBC properly installed
(http://www.unixodbc.org for more info). Then, use ./configure
--with-odbc [other options] and recompile the package. If everything
is OK, after running radiusd --version you will see the word
USE_SQL_ODBC in the `Compilation flags:' line.

Now, install the ODBC module for your DBMS. Once it is done, edit
your raddb/sqlserver:

1) Set interface odbc

2) Put your ODBC DSN in auth_db and acct_db statements.

Regards,
Sergey