help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help needed

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help needed
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:19:00 +0300

Joys of reading one's mailbox backwards :^)

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:48:17 +0600 (YEKST) Ilia E. Chipitsine wrote:

> just for now, I'm asking for some sample PostgreSQL dump which simply
> works (and for instructions for how to check whether it's working).

1) Read the file README, paragraph II. "Creating SQL database."

2) Change to the db directory and edit the file config.m4, following
the description in README.

3) Run `make pgsql'

If you are experiencing some problems, try running `make
pgsql.struct', it will create file named pgsql.struct which you
may feed to psql manually.

To test:

1) Run `psql -U user RADIUS', where "user" means the user name you
have sety in config.m4 (DB_USER variable). Use the password you
declared in DB_PWD variable

2) Once in psql, test if you have permissions to select from tables
`passwd' and `attrib' (of course you may wish to populate them with
some data first), and to select,update and insert into the table
`calls'.

3) In your raddb/sqlserver set

interface postgres

port, login, and password variables to their corresponding values

and

doauth yes

4) Insert some test data into the table `passwd', start radius and
try logging in.

Regards,
Sergey