Re: Undo defalias

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Undo defalias
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 19:05:39 -0500

> Should we not inhibit-quit around the unwind-form of cl-letf to avoid this?
> Otherwise the promise of cl-letf ("On exit, either normally or because of
> a `throw' or error, the PLACEs are set back to their original values.") is
> not fulfilled.  (And yes, I know that, even with inhibit-quit, it is still
> possible that a C-g would be processed just before we bind inhibit-quit.)

As you point out, we can't solve it in ELisp.  Note that this also
affects plain old `let` (for dynamically-scoped vars), tho the
time-window is shorter.

I think we could solve it by using `inhibit-quit` during `unbind_to`,
but that's a pretty significant change.  It might be The Right Thing to
do, tho.

        Stefan