Re: NonGNU ELPA

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 05:58:17 +0100

Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

>>> I strongly recommend looking at `xclip.el` before going
>>> any further, because opinions derived just from the name
>>> of a package tend to be rather ... brittle.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> But this is an interesting situation. There are two Linux
>> tools. Should there be one Elisp package that works with
>> either, or should there be one for each?
>
> It's even more twisted than that: according to
> http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/xclip.html, `xclip.el` already
> supports four of those two GNU/Linux tools.

But ... the correct way is to merge, right, because the
solution should be in terms of the problem, not what
technology happens to make it possible?

The more the merrier! Emacs, Linux (GNU/Linux) and zsh, all
maximalist projects, like that song. I wouldn't go so far as
to say she is the minimalized interface - rather a power
player in her on right.

So bring everything in and have the interface sort it out ...

"What you once feared, now makes you free"

https://dataswamp.org/~incal/vidz/fighting-fit-new-school.mp4

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal