Re: minimize-frame ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: minimize-frame ?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 03:56:38 +0200

> Quake stands out for impeccable, 100% seamless game
> mechanics. Glitches nonexistent

Quake even had a text prompt to do configs on the fly!

It is the programmer's dream thru and thru.

While the other games I mentioned (Fallout, StarCraft, and
Final Fantasy 7) had astonishing and at the time unheard-of
art, music, storytelling, originality, the emotional appeal,
even sexuality to some degree now that I think about it,
"lore" in a word that would later be popular ...

Quake OTOH had nothing of that, it is just a programmer's tour
de force, an impeccable clockwork out of the simplest of ideas
grinding your way thru that nightmarish world you just love to
be in ...

Quake <3

--
underground experts united