Re: Regexp for matching control character, say, FORM FEED. (Was: Re: The

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Regexp for matching control character, say, FORM FEED. (Was: Re: The `^L' appeared in built-in help.)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 15:15:21 +0800

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 12:44 PM Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

> > M-x insert-char RET form feed (ff) RET
>
> aka:
>
> `C-q C-l'
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Inserting-Text.html

If I don't know the Unicode name and the above input sequence of it,
to be more specifically, I only know its representation in Emacs is
^L, then how to search/match/find/filter out it with regexp.

As a similar example, I can grep it with the following

$ grep $'\014' 11.txt | cat -te
^L$
$ grep $'\f' 11.txt | cat -te
^L$

Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province