Re: tramp complains about host not in localhost regexp when using nextcl

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp complains about host not in localhost regexp when using nextcloud
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:31:14 +0200

> Hello,

Hi Eric,

> I'm sure I'm doing something silly but I am unable to use tramp to
> connect to a nextcloud instance.  Emacs complains that the host name
> 'does not match ...' where '...' is the local host regex.
>
> I have tried: /nextcloud:user@cloud.xxx.org: which I am *convinced*
> (famous last words) worked before for me.

This is silly, indeed. The nextcloud method shall not care about
tramp-local-host-regexp.

The complaint comes from tramp-compute-multi-hops. Have you tried
multi-hops, with nextcloud?

> My emacs is from git, up to date from sometime last week, using native
> compilation.
>
> So, what am I doing wrong or what have I forgotten to do?

This calls for traces. Set tramp-verbose to 6, rerun your test, and show
the Tramp debug buffer. Preferably, from a new Emacs instance, started
with "emacs -Q".

> Thank you,
> eric

Best regards, Michael.