tramp complains about host not in localhost regexp when using nextcloud

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: tramp complains about host not in localhost regexp when using nextcloud
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 19:52:12 +0100

Hello,

I'm sure I'm doing something silly but I am unable to use tramp to
connect to a nextcloud instance.  Emacs complains that the host name
'does not match ...' where '...' is the local host regex.

I have tried: /nextcloud:user@cloud.xxx.org: which I am *convinced*
(famous last words) worked before for me.

My emacs is from git, up to date from sometime last week, using native
compilation.

So, what am I doing wrong or what have I forgotten to do?

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4.6 on Debian 11.0