Re: How to find commands run by menu?

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to find commands run by menu?
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 00:29:07 +0100

kj <no.email@please.post> writes:
> I can't figure out how to do this when I'm in text mode.  In text
> mode, to select the command I want from the menu (File > Postscript
> Print Region (B+W)), the entire keystroke sequence is M-` f 3.  If
> I prefix this sequence with C-h k, then the info command responds
> with:
>
>   M-` runs the command tmm-menubar, which is an interactive compiled
>   Lisp function in `tmm.el'.
>
>   It is bound to M-`.
>
>   (tmm-menubar &optional X-POSITION)

Well, then you will have to see what's put in the menu.  I don't know
how this is done, but using apropos, or scanning the sources, you may
find either functions to get the menus and menu items, and see what
function is associated with what menu, or you may find in the sources
where the menus are created what function is associated.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__