Re: Convenient way to set "root of my project"?

From: Brett Hoerner
Subject: Re: Convenient way to set "root of my project"?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:24:05 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 28, 4:57 am, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Why aren't you using find-grep? It's defined as <find . files and
> grep for something in them>.

I think I wasn't clear.  The problem isn't the command itself (I'm
actually using ack, which is more or less the same as find-grep), it's
the fact that I don't want to specify the full path every time.  It's
pretty exhausting.  And I don't think an ENV variable would work
because I have multiple "projects" - I'd like to set a buffer-local
value so it just "knows" to start at the base of the project's src/
rather than the current folder (kind of pointless in a large project).

Brett