Re: Convenient way to set "root of my project"?

From: Brett Hoerner
Subject: Re: Convenient way to set "root of my project"?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:22:03 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 28, 1:57 am, Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How should `M-x grep' or `C-x C-f' know to start at /foo instead of
> /foo/bar or /foo/bar/blah or /foo/bar/blah/doo (instead of / or
> /foo/bar/flah/doo/woo)?
>
> I.e. what do you mean by "project"?

I expect to have to do define that, I just want to do it in an
automatic-ish way.

For example, most of my "projects" (read: applications I work on) I
keep inside of /a/PROJECT-NAME/src/, so it would be nice to set
default-directory to /a/foo/src/ when I open /a/foo/src/bar/bash/woo/
hello/file, so I can simply run 'ack' or 'find-grep' or 'find-file' or
whatever without having to type out a full path every time.

Brett