Re: gmail and gnus

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: gmail and gnus
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:39:10 +0800

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

>> Unfortunately, gmail doesn't do IMAP:
>> https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10339 but there
>> are some workarounds I'll look into (google "gmail imap" without the
>> quotes).
>>
>> Cheers, and thanks to all for the kick in the pants to get back to
>> gnus -
>
> Why use IMAP? You can access using pop3. Works for me. You are probably
> better off in gnu.emacs.gnus

gmail pop3 is somehow doing some evil. It will randomly resist
downloading some mails. This has pissed me off many times !  I first
thought this might be fetchmail's problem, so i try switching to
`getmail'. Then, from getmail i found there's a FAQ entry just talking
about this issue:

,----[ getmail doesn't download all my mail from Gmail … ]

`----

--