gmail and gnus

From: Bill White
Subject: gmail and gnus
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:00:40 GMT

On Sat Apr 28 2007 at 18:22, Bill White <minutiae@gmail.com> wrote:

> and now 11 years later I still do most everything in or through
> emacs (except this dang gmail stuff).

Here we go - gnus ahoy.  I use gmail:

- for their relatively infinite storage space (100 accounts * 2.7GB
  each),

- so I can easily read & show our kids all the graphics-heavy forwards
  my Mom sends :-) (I don't want to futz with w3, w3m, etc.)

- for access anywhere.

Unfortunately, gmail doesn't do IMAP:
https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10339 but there
are some workarounds I'll look into (google "gmail imap" without the
quotes).

Cheers, and thanks to all for the kick in the pants to get back to
gnus -

bw
--
Bill White . http://members.wolfram.com/billw