help-gnu-emacs

Re: remote X11/GNU emacs/ssh: Incredible slowness loading libs

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: remote X11/GNU emacs/ssh: Incredible slowness loading libs
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:34:18 -0400

"Kai Gro├čjohann" <address@hidden> wrote in message
news:address@hidden
> "David Abrahams" <address@hidden> writes:
>

> How about you use tcpdump or the like to actually look at the network
> traffic?  That might quickly tell you what's happening.

Only that:

1. Don't know where to get tcpdump for my local machine (it's a cygwin host)
2. Wouldn't know how to use it if I could find it
3. Wouldn't know how to interpret the results

Still, this seems like a plausible avenue to pursue.

--
           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting
address@hidden * http://www.boost-consulting.com