help-flex

Re: mailing list moderation

From: Josh
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:56:03 -0800

> This is a poor solution, as it causes delays. I have encountered a
> couple of such lists. And one cannot sign up on all lists.

As I understand it, only first-time messages from non-subscribers will
need to be moderated, so only these will be subject to a delay.
Shouldn't affect sign-up either (Karl, correct me if I'm wrong).

> A good spam filter, the way I suggested, is better (see below).

That works for us subscribers, but it leaves the help-flex archives a
mess.  I think that probably discourages new individuals from signing
up.

Personally, I like the idea of just closing the list to
non-subscribers, which would do away with both spam mail and random
questions from people who never come back to check for a response.
But I've agreed to act as human spam filter for the time being.

Josh Shinavier

Soph-Ware Associates, Inc.      Voice: (509) 468-8264
624 W. Hastings, Suite G                Fax: (509) 468-8432
Spokane, WA 99218  USA   WWW: http://www.Soph-Ware.com
"Intelligent XML Content Delivery... Where, When, and How you want it."