Re: I would like to see "cmd" alias for "bash" binary in every distribut

From: Eli Schwartz
Subject: Re: I would like to see "cmd" alias for "bash" binary in every distribution
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 09:24:12 -0400

On 4/24/20 9:17 AM, Vaidas BoQsc wrote:
> Why the zero possibility.
Why should bash.git force this on people? I strongly object to this
proposed force-takeover of a global name in the $PATH for insufficient
rationale, and furthermore I'm personally bothered by the idea of
invoking bash as 'cmd', refuse to do so myself, and strongly recommend
that others do NOT use such an alias.

There now. Tell me why this opinion, which I'm confident is shared by
many people, should be overruled. What's the incentive for Chet to do so?

How would its implementation help the general public more than people
who want it, adding an alias for it?

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User