Re: I would like to see "cmd" alias for "bash" binary in every distribut

From: Emil Natan
Subject: Re: I would like to see "cmd" alias for "bash" binary in every distribution
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 11:40:51 +0300

I do not remember when was the last time I used cmd (and Windows), but I
think the counterpart of cmd on Linux is the terminal or the terminal
emulator like xterm, aterm etc. Then on Linux you have much bigger variety
of terminal emulators with different people preferring one or another
emulator, so it does less sense to make that choice for them. If you are
used to the cmd command and want that available on Linux, you can set an
alias called cmd to your terminal emulator of choice like this `alias
cmd='xterm'`. You can put that in your .bashrc file and make it available
every time you log in.