h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] Patches serie to add new computers and distros

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] Patches serie to add new computers and distros
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 11:08:29 +1000

On Sat 2022-06-25 22:52:38 +0200, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that the production h-node server is in git, I've taken the time
> to make some patches for it.

Thanks for taking the time to prepare these patches.

> I've not tested the patches (I don't know how to do that) but they
> look similar to other patches that are already inside h-source, so I
> hope it's fine.

The patches look good.  Currently I test by making changes, pushing to
staging, and manually testing on the staging server.  It is
time-consuming and unit tests can potentially help with that.  I will
test and merge the changes if the results look fine later this week.

> I also also hope that it's the right way to send patches (I've not
> found any CONTRIBUTING file inside h-source that would explain how to
> contribute).

AFAICT this could be the best way to contribute now.  The number of
contributors made it a low priority to devise a structured process for
contribution, but I'll add a CONTRIBUTING file with instructions to
sending patches to this list.

> Denis.

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.org/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>