h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] Introduction

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] Introduction
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 05:49:38 -0400

wc gnutoo

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 06:38:11 +0200 Denis wrote:
> This is indeed a serious issue.

agreed

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 06:38:11 +0200 Denis wrote:
> If we at least manage to get it packaged in the most famous FSDG
> compliant distributions, especially Trisquel, *and* that it is being
> shipped inside the graphical live installers, it could help a lot.
> This way maybe some users would try to test it on many computers one
> after the other.

agreed

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 06:38:11 +0200 Denis wrote:
> So if we need to convince distributions and/or make packages it might
> be a good idea to do it after it has been migrated to python3.

thats a good plan - it could probably be done now though, if
needed - i did it for parabola already, even though i need to
re-instate some python2 packages - the python2 programs that i
have adapted for python3 were not very much work though

let us try to retire this "introductions" thread now - it
has drifted way off-topic - there are not threads WRT client
issues yet; but feel free to start some