gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/doc/pegboard 1008/PEG_1008.rst 1009/PEG_100.

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/doc/pegboard 1008/PEG_1008.rst 1009/PEG_100...
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 11:37:37 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

+                     (Benja:) Ah. Now I understand somewhat... However,
+                     even then, you cannot satisfy scaling in two dimensions,
+                     so it would have to be ``scale(int into, float scale)``.

No, the point is that we define rendering text into a coordinate system that has
been scaled anisotropically to be undefined in AWT.

And like I said, coordsys already allows you to do such a scale. scale() is just
shorthand for coordsys.

Good point. It should be removed (and the functionality archieved through some other means). Specifying width and height through scaling isn't very sane anyway, since if you take scale *seriously*, stuff like the lines of a box would have to be scaled, like in your images in the vob techreport.

One option is for coordsys to have width and height atop of everything else. I don't like it-- it's much cleaner to have coordsys = interpolatable transformation of pixels... Another possibility is to simply use a translateXY coordsys, and make cs.toScreenCoords(0, 0) return the (w, h) pair of the coordsys. That's hacking by using coordsys as transformations, but it could be fine. A third possibilty is to allow vobs to have any interpolatable parameters, not just coordinate systems. This is maybe the best general way to do this.

- Benja