gzz-dev

Re: The connection bug, was: Re: [Gzz] Summing up...

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: The connection bug, was: Re: [Gzz] Summing up...
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 10:41:01 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

Me:
No, it *is* related to scaling: in the right coordinate system, (2,2) *would*
be the lower right corner.

Sorry, I mean (1,1) of course.

And center would be (0,0) or (.5,.5), depending on the coordinate system
convention used.

So, I ask again: should we make scaling work in AWT, at least for that case?

More precisely than I said in my other email: SimpleConnection, the class in question, uses RenderInfo.xform; AFAIK that works just as intended. It worked before when the connections were placed in the box coordinate systems. Now it doesn't work anymore for the sole reason (AFAIK) that the connections are not placed in the box coordinate systems any more. So I don't see how making scaling work in AWT would help: placing the connection in the box coordinate system is both necessary and sufficient. (It is not, however, trivial, because the views, which are placing the connections, don't currently know about the box cs-- see both VobVanishingClient and RowColView.)

- Benja