gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Summing up...

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Summing up...
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 14:34:50 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 12:56:27PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
The problem is that the connections assume that (1,1) transforms to the lower right corner of the rectangle, but with (w=2, h=2)-- or (w=1,h=1)--, it's still the ul corner, just one or two pixels away.

Wait, now I don't understand. Could you explain the problem in more detail?

Hm. I don't know how.

Ok, another example. Let's say we have a cell with the bounds (x=100, y=100, w=50, h=20). This used to be our coordinate system, so if there was a connection downward, it would be anchored at (x+w/2, y+h) = (125, 110). Nowadays our coordinate system is (x=100, y=100, w=2, h=2), so the anchor point will be at (x+w/2, y+h) = (101, 102)-- for practical purposes, the upper left corner of the cell.

Does that help?

What do you think about my proposed mechanism to do paragraphs?

The extra cell on some dimension?

That's one alternative. I'm not sure at all what's the best way.
Sometimes I think just two enters next to each other would be good - we've been getting into lot of trouble over putting too much into the ZZ structure, maybe trying the other alternative
wouldn't hurt.

Hm. Seriously, I don't think that "don't put data into zzstructure, it's bad" is a sane philosophy for this project. We *have* also gotten into trouble over not putting enough into zzstructure (e.g. cell existance).

I really think paragraphs should be visible in zzstructure for rearrangement. Also, there's the point (as in this case) that you often (but not always) want a cell that doesn't start/end in a linebreak to be its own paragraph in the containment structure. And there's the problem of paragraph styles: if you mark paragraph breaks through characters, where in the enfilade do you store the paragraph style? Esp. since there is one paragraph break less than there are paragraphs.

- Benja