gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Summing up...

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Summing up...
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 15:20:39 +0300

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 12:56:27PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuomas Lukka wrote:
>
> >>How about making the connections work again? The problem is not showing
> >>them in gl (I have a fix) but the coordinate systems: currently they're
> >>drawn between the ul corners of the cells, because of the (w=2, h=2)
> >>coord systems. Fix needs to be implemented in both VobVanishing and
> >>RowCol.
> >>

> >So we want to move to the convention that Vobs are in (0,0)..(1,1)?
> >Any opposition?
> >

> Fine, but doesn't change much here of course: the connections are still
> between ul corners.
>
> The problem is that the connections assume that (1,1) transforms to the
> lower right corner of the rectangle, but with (w=2, h=2)-- or
> (w=1,h=1)--, it's still the ul corner, just one or two pixels away.

Wait, now I don't understand. Could you explain the problem in more detail?

> What do you think about my proposed mechanism to do paragraphs?

The extra cell on some dimension?

That's one alternative. I'm not sure at all what's the best way.
Sometimes I think just two enters next to each other would be good -
we've been getting into lot of trouble over putting too much
into the ZZ structure, maybe trying the other alternative
wouldn't hurt.

        Tuomas