gwl-devel

Re: Getting started with GWL 0.3.0

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Getting started with GWL 0.3.0
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 12:03:19 +0100

Hi Konrad,

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 at 11:32, Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen@fastmail.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately, my first attempt didn't get very far:
>
>    $ guix workflow run hello.w
>    guix: workflow: command not found
>    Try `guix --help' for more information.

I do not know.  I had similar issues though.

> I do have gwl@0.3.0 installed. That made me curious about how GWL
> actually adds subcommands to "guix", but I quickly discovered
> that it uses an apparently undocumented extension mechanism
> by placing scripts under guix/extensions. So... I am lost.
> How do I actually run a workflow?

The plan of the documentation is discussed here:

   <https://yhetil.org/guix/86k0sekkj8.fsf@gmail.com>

This is really cool because “guix repl -- foo.scm arg1 arg2” can now be
really handy with “guix foo arg1 arg2”.  However, it is still
undocumented because we have not reached consensus with Ricardo. :-)
See the 3 thread emails starting there:

  <https://yhetil.org/guix/86k0rsdylk.fsf@gmail.com>

Well, about this GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATHS, as the author of “guix repl --”
your feedback is very welcome. :-)

Cheers,
simon