[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: State of core-updates
Re: State of core-updates
Wed, 15 Mar 2023 09:35:55 -0400
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/28.2 (gnu/linux)
Efraim Flashner <email@example.com> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 08:54:55AM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
>> Am Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 08:56:38PM -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> > OK! We could probably merge staging into master and be done already.
>> We should build it first. The last time I tried, there was a showstopper bug.
>> Here it is:
>> I tried to build staging for my profile on x86_64, but it failed with
>> a dependency of ffmpeg, rust-rav1e-0.5.1. There is a newer version 0.6.3,
>> but I did not simply update it, since the package looks particularly
>> complicated, containing a phase:
>> (add-after 'configure 'force-rust-edition-2018
>> (lambda* (#:key vendor-dir #:allow-other-keys)
>> ;; Force all the dependencies to not be higher than edition
>> (with-fluids ((%default-port-encoding #f))
>> (substitute* (find-files vendor-dir "Cargo.toml")
>> (("edition = \\\"2021\\\"") "edition = \"2018\"")))))
>> and many other changes.
>> Leo suggested to remove the dependency as non-essential. On the other
>> hand, I think the problem does not occur in core-updates, so one should
>> have a look.
>> And there may be other problems, too.
>> And of course this implies merging the merged into master staging back to
>> core-updates, which may create problems we will have to deal with later.
>> But yes, I would be happy to merge staging first; this was my initial
>> suggestion, before we somehow collectively flocked to core-updates :)
> This and other bugs are fixed on the rust-team branch. Once I figure out
> how to compare it against master and force rust to build for aarch64
> we'll be nearly there.
OK, I'll keep my hands from trying to fix the above myself then, to avoid
duplicate work :-).
Thanks for the heads-up!
Re: State of core-updates, Andreas Enge, 2023/03/15
- Re: State of core-updates, (continued)
- Re: State of core-updates, Roman Scherer, 2023/03/14
- Re: State of core-updates, Maxim Cournoyer, 2023/03/14
- Notes from the Guix Days, Ludovic Courtès, 2023/03/15
- Re: Notes from the Guix Days, Pjotr Prins, 2023/03/15
- Re: Notes from the Guix Days, Maxim Cournoyer, 2023/03/17
- Re: State of core-updates, Andreas Enge, 2023/03/15
- Re: State of core-updates, Kaelyn, 2023/03/15
- Re: State of core-updates, Andreas Enge, 2023/03/17
- Re: State of core-updates, Kaelyn, 2023/03/17
- Re: State of core-updates, Felix Lechner, 2023/03/17