guix-devel

Re: Reproducible Research Hackathon: Friday, July 3rd

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Reproducible Research Hackathon: Friday, July 3rd
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 18:56:20 +0100

Hi Simon,

Thank you for organising the day.

> We are interested to hear your feedback.  Especially about what pass,
> what fail and what you have learnt, if you enjoyed the experience, or on
> the contrary if you not, what could be improved for the next round.

One outstanding puzzle for me is to figure out how to test a package
definition in a new channel.  For example, I have cloned the guix-past
repository and started to add a new package.  However, what is the best
workflow to attempt a build from the channel?  Do you add the channel
to the git checkout of guix?

Best regards,

Paul.