guix-devel

Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: don catnip
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 16:05:22 +0100

Here we go again. FS community destroying itself because apparently people cannot have opinions and discuss them like adults. Well done.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 3:14 PM Eric Brown <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Guix!
>
> We, a group of GNU maintainers sharing a vision for a stronger GNU
> Project, are publishing this statement today:
>
>   https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/joint-statement-on-the-gnu-project/
>
> We are somewhat abusing the Guix blog here, for lack of a better place,
> but OTOH the future of GNU is obviously relevant to Guix.  (Ricardo and
> I started this initiative before Tobias, Maxim, and Marius were
> on-board.)
>
> This mailing list is maybe not the best place to discuss this in detail
> but your local GNU maintainers will surely be happy to answer any
> questions you may have.  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

Don't know if I can add much to the volume of sentiment already
expressed, but count me among those whose financial and moral support
you have lost.

I don't know who the next "Chief GNUsance" will be, but I know how s/he
will be taken out.