guix-devel

Re: 01/01: services: Add ‘/usr/bin/env’ special file.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: 01/01: services: Add ‘/usr/bin/env’ special file.
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 17:54:33 +0200

Christopher,

Christopher Baines 写道:
This seems to me like quite a big change, and I'd be interested in
knowing what your motivation was [1]?

It's not, really. It's equivalent to the impure /bin/sh that Guix Systems already provide, but actually useful: ‘use #!/usr/bin/env, not #!/bin/sh!’ was already a mantra when I wrote my first shell script — and I'm not that young.

There's no good argument for not being able to run the vast majority of well-written scripts, out of the box, on Guix Systems.

I hope that's sufficient, but I don't think it needed to go in the commit message.

Kind regards,

T G-R