guix-devel

Re: Hackathon: Mumi and Cuirass

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Hackathon: Mumi and Cuirass
Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 07:19:33 +0200

Björn Höfling <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> do you mean by "Hackathon" a specific day where all
> participants will meet personally/virtual and work together on these
> project ideas? Or do you want to generally encourage people to work on
> these themes?

Either way is fine I think.  My hope is that a group of people will
emerge and coordinate a few hack sessions.

> On Fri, 03 May 2019 23:45:00 +0200
> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> 1) Mumi
>
> With debbugs I'm missing a feature to easily add/remove tags to bugs,
> like the github bugtracker has. For example, it is not possible to
> search for all bugs for cuirass, or get a list of all "beginners" bug
> (very helpful for Outreachy).
>
> Do you think that feature could be added with Mumi?

Yes.  Debbugs has support for arbitrary tags, but it is a little
strange.  It supports so-called user tags, which are not global but
scoped under a user name or email address.  We could save these tags
under the Mumi user and retrieve them the same way.

We would probably need to restrict access to tagging bugs, though, so
that not every visitor to the bug tracker can modify them.  We would
need some form of authentication: a shared password for admins, or a
admin accounts with their own password, or authentication through GPG
signed commands…

--
Ricardo