guix-devel

Re: Setting up a Hurd build node

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Setting up a Hurd build node
Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 07:21:15 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> I also tried building “hello”, but I only get the message
>
>     madvise failed: Function not implemented
>
> printed endlessly.  (This is probably harmless, but nothing else
> happens.)

It’s not endless after all.  The VM has 10G of RAM (I don’t know if all
of this is usable by the Hurd).  Eventually Guile runs out of memory:

     madvise failed: Function not implemented

     madvise failed: Function not implemented

     madvise failed: Function not implemented

     madvise failed: Function not implemented

     madvise failed: Function not implemented

     madvise failed: Function not implemented

            no more room in f5817750 (/usr/local/bin/guile(18046))

     allocate_stack failed: Cannot allocate memory

     Warning: Unwind-only `stack-overflow' exception; skipping pre-unwind
handler.
     no more room in f5817750 (/usr/local/bin/guile(18046))

     allocate_stack failed: Cannot allocate memory

     Warning: Unwind-only `stack-overflow' exception; skipping pre-unwind
handler.
     no more room in f5817750 (/usr/local/bin/guile(18046))

     allocate_stack failed: Cannot allocate memory

     Warning: Unwind-only `stack-overflow' exception; skipping pre-unwind
handler.

That’s when it finally aborts.

--
Ricardo