guix-devel

Re: [ANN] Guile-SSH 0.7.0 released

From: Artyom Poptsov
Subject: Re: [ANN] Guile-SSH 0.7.0 released
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:32:12 +0400

Hi Ludovic.

> There are still test failures though, so I’m attaching the logs again.
> I’m afraid it’s not that helpful though.   :-/

Thanks for the logs.  I think at least some of the failures may be
related to problems with GCrypt support in libssh 0.6.3.  Did you
compile libssh with GCrypt enabled?

To show that there is some progress: I sent a patch [1] to libssh
mailing list that fixes a problem with GCrypt support.  Developers have
not responded yet, so I'd rather wait for their opinions on the patch.

But the testing shows that when libssh 0.6.3 compiled with the patch
applied Guile-SSH passes almost all the tests, except tests from
`tests/key.scm' that involve ECDSA keys.  And as far as I can see libssh
0.6.3 w/ GCrypt doesn't support ECDSA keys yet.  But that's still under
investigation.

Thanks,

- Artyom

[1] http://www.libssh.org/archive/libssh/2014-09/0000025.html