Recommended Reading about Scheme

From: Allister MacLeod
Subject: Recommended Reading about Scheme
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:54:49 -0500

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 05:23:37PM -0500, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:
> Being very excited with Scheme I wish I had studied CS instead of
> chemistry when I was younger... What other texts would be useful to
> read (without being bogged in math) to understand some more difficult
> aspects of Scheme (macros, continuations) better?

I found _Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs_ by
Sussman, Steele and Sussman to be very illuminating about Scheme, and
programming in general.  If you haven't read it, it would be well
worth checking it out from the library.

In the process of searching for bibliographical stuff, I found
http://library.readscheme.org/ which looks like it might have some
very good leads.

Hope these help,
 Allister