guile-gtk-general

Re: entries and guile-gui

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: entries and guile-gui
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:53:14 +0000

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

>> I guess that means that in Guile 1.6, (if #f) => #f, but in 1.8 (if
>> #f) => something not #f.
>
> In fact (if #f) is an error in 1.8:

I'm sorry, that explanation was complete nonsense.

`(if #f)' is of course an error, in both 1.6 and 1.8.  `(if #f #f)' is
what I meant, and this gives unspecified (which conforms to R5RS) in
both 1.6 and 1.8.

So I think the real reason for the regression in guile-gui's behaviour
must be something to do with how guile-gtk and/or Gtk+ depend on the
return value that they get from a signal handler proc.

It looks like #f now (Gtk+ 2.0) means "carry on calling other handlers
for this signal" and non-#f (which includes the unspecified value)
means "don't call any other handlers", and I guess this was not the
case in the past (Gtk+ 1.2).

Regards,
     Neil