guile-gtk-general

entries and guile-gui [was guile-gtk-2.0 strangeness..?]

From: Paul Emsley
Subject: entries and guile-gui [was guile-gtk-2.0 strangeness..?]
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:13:30 +0000

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 11:11 +1100, Kevin Ryde wrote:
> Paul Emsley <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > I see that it helps a lot if I actually have the bin in my path and not
> > use the absolute filename to execute build-guile-gtk-2.0
>
> Yep, I guess it just runs whichever guile from the path, and expects
> that guile will have gtk-2.0/config.scm etc.
>
> I usually set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH to the lib dir of
> a guile not under /usr/bin /usr/lib etc - you might need that too.
> (You can do it with a wrapper script.)
>
> Incidentally, if you're building new wrapper bits you might need to
> copy the compat.h from the sources for use by the generated code.  I
> thought about installing it, somehow, but couldn't think of clean way
> for it yet.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks.

Yes handling compat.h seems to be tricky.  I just commented the
include :)

GTk2 + guile-gtk-2.0 seems to almost completely work for me now (woop!).
There are some entries (not all) where the text cannot be changed (and
the text is selected when the widget is shown).  Exactly the same code
in gtk1.2 + guile-gtk-0.5 does not have this behaviour.  Any idea about
that?

Also I can't get guile-gui to work with guile-gtk-2.0, with what might
be the same symptoms.  Has anyone tried this?

Cheers,

Paul