guile-gtk-general

Re: entries and guile-gui

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: entries and guile-gui
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:19:52 +1100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> It looks like #f now (Gtk+ 2.0) means "carry on calling other handlers
> for this signal" and non-#f (which includes the unspecified value)

I wonder if interpreting unspecified as true there is a good idea.
Unspecified almost certainly means the callback hasn't realized it
should be returning true/false.  What about throwing an error for that
case (any callback that returns bool), to keep people out of trouble?

> There may be some other factor then.  I'm going to leave this for now
> though; I'll come back to it if the issue/question crops up again.

Maybe gtk 2 has further handlers in the dispatch which gtk 1.2 didn't.
At any rate, if it works that's enough.