guile-gtk-general

Re: How to configure/make guile gtk?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: How to configure/make guile gtk?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:04:27 -0400

  I guess the gnome side is coming along and will supercede the 1.2
  soon, but there's nothing wrong with having what might be almost a
  first and last release of this branch, now gnu has taken it up.

You mean the new stuff can be used with existing code written to the
guile-gtk-1.2 api with no changes?  If not, it's only a new library to
migrate to, not a real replacement.  That's fine - I intend (in my
Copious Spare Time) to migrate things to guile-gobject and gtk2, but I
think a working version of the gtk-1.2 bindings is nice to have.  The
whole g-wrap/guile-gtk/guile-gobject complex seems to have a bad
reputation for never having releases....