guile-gtk-general

guile-gnome changes

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: guile-gnome changes
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 14:56:20 +0200

A brief note of changes in CVS:

* You can define new enums and flags types by subclassing <genum> or
  <gflags>.

  (define-class <foo-enum> (<genum>)
    #:vtable #((one "One" 1) (two "Two" 2)))

* Documentation for guile-gnome is now done in texinfo. I haven't tried
  making info files yet, I just use a script to make the docs in
  http://ambient.2y.net/tmp/guile-gnome/docs/tutorial/. Info sucks ;)

* You can pass either <gtype> or <gtype-class> instances to make a
  closure. Together with the enum fixes, this pretty much banishes the
  need for GType from the non-primitive API. Some work needs to happen
  on signals to finish this out.

Interpreted languages don't need types and classes; the classes are the
types. This realization could lead to a rethinking of our confused
primitives/nonprimitives distinction. Dunno, though.

--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>