guile-gtk-general

New archive ready

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: New archive ready
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:21:48 +0100

Hi!

I just finished setting tla-pqm up on merkel.debian.org, so we are
basically ready to go. I hope everybody is OK with the archive being
hosted at debian.org until we can find a more appropriate location,
e.g. on gnome.org or gnu.org. The archive is located at [0]. Right
now, there is only a guile-gobject category, which has a dev--0
branch. This is currently the same as CVS HEAD. The 0.5.X releases can
be accessed via guile-gobject--release--0.5--patch-X. I defered the
modularization (as described in my proposal), since it only becomes
really relevant when we want to step onto the GNOME Platform Bindings
schedule.

[0] http://people.debian.org/~rotty/arch/address@hidden/2004/

Commit access to archive works via GPG-signed mail, as described in
the arch-pqm docs[1]. You branch off the archive and send me mail with

1) Your savannah username (so I can get your public GPG key)
2) Your archive location

I'll then confirm that mail when I added your key to the committer
keyring. You can then request merges with the help of the following
small shell script (assuming you followed [1] wrt {arch}/+upstream):

#!/bin/sh
echo star-merge "$(tla tree-version)" "$(cat {arch}/+upstream)" | gpg
--clearsi\gn | mail -s "PQM-REQUEST $1" address@hidden

Just call that from the root of your working copy (of your branch) to
star-merge all changes in that branch into the archive. You'll be
notified by the PQM wether your merge request suceeded. For a short
initial timespan, I'll run tla-pqm manually (at least once a day when
there are requests), to see if things work out ok. I'll then add a
cronjob that runs every 10-20 minutes.

[1] http://web.verbum.org/arch-pqm/

Things left to do:

* I want to make the archive signed at some point. There will be a
  special key just for signing the archive. This is mostly doesn't
  affect anyone, except that tla-pqm runs would be disabled for a
  short time, however.

* tla-pqm can be configured to do pre-commit build tests. I want to
  set that up in the near future. Note that I carefully chose the
  machine to host tla-pqm on: merkel.debian.org is a 4 x IA64 800MHz
  48GB RAM biggie ;-). Didn't even know we have such a machine until I
  searched for a place for guile-gobject.

* The modularization is missing. When the modularized archive is
  ready, I'll provide a small script that can be used to
  issue merge requests for a whole hacking/release project.

Cheers, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Make free software, not war!