[Groff] Re: groff + mp

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff + mp
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:11:58 +0300 (MSK)

Dear Werner,

one more quetsion:
in groff PS output reencoding of fonts is dome by the RE routine
with the following code within:

{
1 index/FID ne{def}{pop pop}ifelse
}forall

But the similar routine in dvips has

{ 1 index /FID ne 2 index /UniqueID ne and
          {def} {pop pop} ifelse } forall

with the following comment:

% We copy everything but the FID entry of the resident font
% (just as in section 5.6 of the Red Book second edition).
% We also don't copy UniqueID, even though we want to, because
% this messes up systems that cache the fonts, for some
% PostScript fonts.

Did you consider that UniqueID issue?

           Sincerely, Michail