Re: [Groff] gtbl, T{ ... T} doesn't work?

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] gtbl, T{ ... T} doesn't work?
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:33:38 -0700 (PDT)

Another trick is to put .tr ~ in the file before the .TS
It's only needed once per file even if you need it in multiple
tables.  Then you can leave the ~ characters in and they don't
show in the output.  It's handy when you are using TAB for tab
and have some lines where you have multiple blank columns.

I know this works with AT&T troff and I'm pretty sure I've used
it with groff.

meg