gpsd-users

NMEA error on cat /dev/ttyACM0

From: Seán Mac Suibhne
Subject: NMEA error on cat /dev/ttyACM0
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 23:02:14 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I have several GPS usb dongles and use them on laptops and raspberry pis
This the output of lsusb for one of the dongles
    Bus 004 Device 003: ID 1546:01a7 U-Blox AG [u-blox 7]
for some time now I notice the result of
    cat /dev/ttyACM0
gives the wrong latitude and longitude which wasnt a problem as I use them to get time and date on the raspberry pis

When I
    telnet  localhost 2947
and put in
    ?WATCH={"enable":true,"nme":true}

I also get the same errors

However if I put in
    ?WATCH={"enable":true,"json":true}
I get the correct lat and long

When I use gpsmon cgps and xgps I also get the correct lat and long.

Why is cat /dev/ttyACM0 not giving the correct values for lat and long anymore and how can I correct it?

All the best

Seán Mac Suibhne

BTW I use
    cat /dev/ttyACM0 | grep -a GPRMC >> gps.log
to record my location when I move locations on a raspberry pi