gpsd-users

Trimble Acutime 2000 with GPSD

From: ZB
Subject: Trimble Acutime 2000 with GPSD
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:15:33 -0600

Hello Everyone,

I think I need some help. I have a Trimble Acutime 2000 GPS Antenna/receiver. I have it connected to the RS422 port on my computer, which is "/dev/ttyS4". My GPSD version is 3.24, compiled from source. Running on Linux Mint 21, 64bit. I have pps-tool also installed. Is there anything special I need to do to have GPSD interpret the TSIP packet and/or PPS coming in from this Acutime 2000 ? When I try to fetch the PPS messages via "sudo ppstest /dev/pps0"  (or /dev/pps1...or /dev/ttyS4). it says "PPS timed out".  Attached is the output for about 10 seconds from the commands "sudo gpsd -n -N -D 5 /dev/ttyS4" and "cgps". Also, the CGPS command doesn't update every second...it only updates every 2 seconds or so and it doesn't show Lat/Lon, etc....Any guidance much appreciated. Thank you, Tom