gpsd-users

Re: xgps and cgps are flickering

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: xgps and cgps are flickering
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:48:39 -0700

Yo Hans!

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:40:56 +0200
Hans Mayer <gpsd@ma.yer.at> wrote:

> > Best to just turn off the NMEA and go u-blox only.
> >

> > .....  Or switch to
> > u-blox binary.
>
> It's the question how to do. Probably "ubxtool" is my friend.

The doc is definitly your friend:

    https://gpsd.io/ubxtool-examples.html#_protocol_version

> To disable NMEA  the following could work:  ubxtool --disable NMEA

Nope, see the above link for why not.

> or is it more "RAWX" ??

Uness you are doing PPP, you do not want RAWX:

    https://gpsd.io/ppp-howto.html

> ubxtool is speaking gpsd.

Not really.  ubxtool works on the raw packet level.

> So gpsd knows for the future what to do.

Lost me...

> And probably after that, so ZEF-F9P runs in the same mode after a
> possible power outage:  ubxtool --preset SAVE

Yes.

> When done I assume this will not work any more: gpspipe --nmea -u

Bad assumption.  And you are back to an even worse NMEA situation.

> Because with this I feed the data from the pipe to eleasticsearch
> stack to get some infos as graph.

There are also: gpscsv, gpsplot, gpsprof, gpssnmp, etc...

> But probably there are some other possibilities to get out this
> information, isn't it ?

Without your definition of "this information", hard to say.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588