gpsd-users

Re: ✘UBX-MON-SPAN and antennas

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘UBX-MON-SPAN and antennas
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 18:08:42 -0800

Yo Greg!

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 20:40:23 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt@lexort.com> wrote:

> >> (E2 is near E1, and I don't understand
> >> how it is used):
> >
> > E1 is Galileo, E2 is BeiDou (1561.098MHz, 16MHz)
>
> Usually I see BeiDou written B1/B2/B3 now, but I also think they have
> changed their labeling.

BeiDou uses Bx, Compass uses Ex.  Compass is the newer system, but
people still call it BeiDou:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beidou

The Chinese have not bothered with authoritative translations, so the
nomenclature is a mess.

> Galileo has a confusing notion of E1/E2 at their 15755ish frquency.
> Look at the graphic in the middle of
>   https://www.e-education.psu.edu/geog862/node/1877
> Of course that page could be wrong too.

That matches my understanding.  And the confusing just keeeps growing.

> I guess you need a Septentrio receiver too:
>
>   https://www.ardusimple.com/product/simplertk3b-x5/

Donations welcome!  $626 is out of my budget.  Native TCP/IP is a nice
touch.  Built in NTRIP client and server.

> which I'm really not clear on but I think does E6.

Doc is here:

https://www.septentrio.com/system/files/support/mosaic-x5_firmware_v4.8.0_reference_guide.pdf

I see Galileo E1, E5a, E5b, E5AltBOC,  and E6.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588