gpsd-users

Re: some observations on the design intent of gpsd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: some observations on the design intent of gpsd
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 13:29:36 -0800

Yo Don!

On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 16:10:02 -0500
Don Rolph <don.rolph@gmail.com> wrote:

> The key question is why strip out the rest of the functionality from
> the interface.

Uh?  Lacking any suggestion to do so, I'll ignore this.

> And I simply note that we have spent a fair amount of time on the
> present interface which based on my testing so far seems to be driven
> by the relative complexity of the interface.
>
> We have a working 3.17 piece of software.

No, you don't.  And not from us.  last time I'll address it.

> And I have shown that the same software fails against the 3.23.2~dev
> server.  And so far no one seems to be able to explain why or provide
> a viable path forward.

I have asked you for the new code, and have told you I know why it is
broken.  Last time I'll ask for code.

> A single location interface which is invariant would seem to ease this
> problem.

Already have it.  More than one in fact.  If you keep asserting that
not fact, I'll ignore it too.

> I made a comment because the present migration seems to be having
> issues and this triggers my thought on how could this be made simpler.

What migration?  I only see self infllcted bad code in Dire Wolf,
In C when  you do code that has undefined results, expect those
to shange with time and place.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588