gpsd-users

Re: some observations on the design intent of gpsd

From: Don Rolph
Subject: Re: some observations on the design intent of gpsd
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 16:10:02 -0500

The key question is why strip out the rest of the functionality from the interface.

And I simply note that we have spent a fair amount of time on the present interface which based on my testing so far seems to be driven by the relative complexity of the interface.

We have a working 3.17 piece of software.

And I have shown that the same software fails against the 3.23.2~dev server.  And so far no one seems to be able to explain why or provide a viable path forward.

A single location interface which is invariant would seem to ease this problem.

I made a comment because the present migration seems to be having issues and this triggers my thought on how could this be made simpler.

But as I noted, these are my opinions and your mileage can and will vary..